Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Birthday

I needed to add a few birthday cards to my stash, so I put together this quick one based on this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches. Picking the papers to use took much longer than actually putting the card together!

I used the party hat die from Lil’ Inker Designs to make the layered focal image piece. It’s adhered to the festive striped paper panel with foam tape. I looked through my stamp collection for something with a bold enough font to stand out against the busy stripes and finally settled on the Big Greetings set from My Favorite Things. I stamped the “happy birthday” sentiment underneath the stamp—and I’m now wishing I’d used my Versafine ink so it would be bolder . . . I added a trio of silver brads to the left side of the panel for a little shine, then adhered the panel to a bold red card base.

Materials Used:
Big Greetings stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Poppy Parade and Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); So Happy Together 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); party hat die (Lil’ Inker Designs); silver brads; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Lori, love that party hat with the striped paper! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips