Friday, February 22, 2013

Hello Friend

This week's blogger challenge theme is friendship.  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch to put together this feminine friend-themed design.

I used a trio of coordinating patterned papers from a Fancy Pants paper pad for the circles.  Each circle is layered on a red mat so they stand out nicely from the pale pink background panel.  I placed the palest paper circle at the bottom so I could stamp the sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Heart-2-Heart #4 set on it.

For the embellishment at the left side of the bottom circle, I used a die cut telephone.  To add interest to the die cut piece, I stamped the phone's dial on a scrap of paper and punched it out with a circle punch, then adhered it to the phone with foam tape.  The cord is a piece of hemp cord that I twisted around my paper piecing tool to give it a somewhat coiled look like a real phone cord.  Unfortunately, it lost a little of its twisty-ness along the way . . .

Materials Used:
Heart-2-Heart #4 stamp set, Heart-2-Heart #4 die (Papertrey Ink); Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Love Note 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); circle dies (Spellbinders); hemp cord (Hemptique); red grosgrain ribbon; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautifully designed! The red circle backgrounds just pop those patterns so nicely, and the details on your phone add so much dimension and interest. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips