Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thanks Ever So Much

Here's my card for February's final Viva la Verve sketch.  It's also doubling as my entry for Verve's SCS Love Fest color challenge to use aqua, brown and pink.

I put together a simple thank you card using up some scraps I found on my table.  So that the stamped sentiment would be easy to see, I used an aqua cardstock panel for the top of the card.  After stamping the "thanks ever so much" sentiment from the Treasured Words set on the panel in brown ink, I adhered the panel to a blue plaid panel.  The seam between the two papers is hidden by a strip of pretty aqua velvet trim with dark brown stitched edges.  The trim adds a nice texture without being too bulky.The little fishtail flag pieces were cut from different patterned paper scraps leftover from other projects.  I mixed the lengths, patterns, and colors to add interest to the design--and to squeeze in the final color I needed for the challenge, too!

Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Country Drive-Little Ladies designer paper (Echo Park); The Sweetest Thing-Lavender 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); velvet trim (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips