Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bravo

Here's a quick card for this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I've had a pile of October Afternoon designer paper pieces from some of the company's older lines sitting out near my work table for a long time and put one to use for this congratulatory card.

I paired the multicolored star patterned paper with one of the sentiments from Papertrey Ink's Sentiment Signs stamp set.   I stamped the sentiment block in black ink on a kraft panel, then stamped it a second time so I could cut out the word "bravo" and adhere it to the stamped panel with foam tape.  Each panel is layered on green cardstock.  After wrapping some green baker's twine around a kraft panel, I adhered the panel along the bottom of a golden yellow card base, then arranged the panels on top.

Materials Used:
Sentiment Signs stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); Kiwi Kiss and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); designer paper (October Afternoon); olive twine (Timeless Twine); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. What a cute and happy card! I love that dsp with the sentiments. And I love how you popped up one of the sentiments on the block for a little contrast. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is fabulous! I love that popped up word and the prints here are great! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips