Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Celebrate Good Times

Here’s my card for this week’s Viva la Verve sketch challenge. I used the sketch to create a masculine birthday card.

I used two different patterned papers on the card—a subtle orange on orange grid print to cover most of the cardfront and a woodgrain patterned paper for the long panel on the left side of the card. Once the panels were in place, I stamped the “celebrate good times” sentiment from Verve’s Birthday Bash set on a white panel. I wrapped some blue baker’s twine around the left side of the panel, securing it with a bow. I tried to put a star at the center of the twine instead of the bow, but it didn’t look right to me. I may go back and try a smaller one . . .

After I had the twine in place, I layered the panel on a blue mat, then added a die cut banner strip along the bottom, cut from contrasting green cardstock. The finished image panel is adhered to the cardfront, overlapping part of the woodgrain patterned panel.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bash stamp set, Pennant Trim die (Verve Stamps); Vivid Butterscotch ink (Clearsnap); Marina Mist and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Campy Trails-Sweetwater Cabin designer paper (American Crafts); Happy Go Lucky-Cloud Nine designer paper (Pebbles); Shore baker's twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips