Friday, March 15, 2013

Just Hatched

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “think spring.” We had a taste of spring like weather over last weekend, but it seems like we’ve returned to winter around here over the past few days! I’m hoping it will warm up by the end of the month for my “stay-cation” with Chloe the cutie puppy . . .

My new Good Egg stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps arrived in the mail the other day and I couldn’t wait to ink it up. The little chick image is perfect for a sweet, spring baby card in pastel colors. I used the scallop bordered egg as my focal image. The egg’s stamped in pale pink ink with the chick image stamped inside it in a sunny yellow ink.

 I set the cutout image over a panel of light blue dotted cardstock with a piece of doily along the bottom. After adhering the panel to a pale yellow card base, I attached the sentiment strip to the card, hiding the seam between the patterned paper and the doily. A yellow button, tied with matching yellow baker’s twine completes the simple layout.

Materials Used:
Good Egg stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Angel Pink, Dandelion, and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky patterned paper (Stampin’ Up!); baker’s twine (The Twinery); yellow button (Michaels); paper doily (Wilton); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips