Saturday, March 30, 2013

Retro Sketches #57-Hey


I'm wrapping up my month as guest designer at Retro Sketches with this week's sketch.  It's based on a  beautiful card created by Arielle, seen here.  This one's perfect for using up some scraps, so that's what I did for my version.

I had a bunch of scraps from the My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy paper pad, so I mixed and matched those until I came up with an arrangement I liked.  On my version, the larger pieces is double the length/height of the smaller ones.

I left one spot blank so I could fill it with a stamped image.  I picked the light bulb from the Fresh Squeezed Stamps Breath of Fresh Flair set.  The bulb's colored with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out, then adhered to the panel with a dimensional dot.  I wrapped some white twine around the panel, securing it with a bow.  The "hey" sentiment is stamped just beneath the light bulb image in black ink.

Thanks so much to Arielle and the Retro Sketches crew for having me as a guest this month.  Be sure to stop by the RS blog for more inspiration.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Fresh Squeezed Stamps Breath of Fresh Flair stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Crafter's Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Spectrum Noir markers (CT1, CT2, CT3,CT4, IG1, IG3, IG4, IG6), My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy 6x6 paper pad, Hemptique white hemp cord twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Sahara Sand and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips