Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sending You My Love

Here’s a quick card for this week’s challenge at CAS(e) this Sketch. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew that the mini envelope die from Clear and Simple Stamps would be the perfect thing to represent the sketch’s little pocket element!

I die cut the mini envie from kraft cardstock and assembled it, then adhered it to a white panel. To fill the envelope, I die cut a red heart using one of the Shapes: Hearts dies and placed it partway inside the envelope, securing it with a little adhesive.

I combined bits and pieces of several sentiments from the Love Cupid set to come up with the “sending you my love” sentiment that I stamped next to the filled envelope in red ink. The finished panel is adhered to a kraft card base.  I'm thinking this would look better with a little more color, so I may go back and trim down the white panel a bit and add a red mat between it and the kraft layer . . .

Materials Used:
Love Cupid stamp set, Dare to Be a Diva Red ink, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Mini Envelope and Shapes: Hearts dies (Clear and Simple Stamps)

2 comments:

  1. Love the hit of red on the kraft and the use of the envelope ties in perfectly with your sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so CAS and lovely! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips