Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Shining Star

Here’s another design made with my newest set from Verve, Shining Star. I used this week’s Viva la Verve sketch, stretched to an A2 size instead of a square, to put this one together.

I used a star patterned paper from a space-themed paper pad as the starting point for the card. I layered the patterned paper on a navy mat, then machine stitched around the edges for some contrast. After setting the panel on a blue card base, I added coordinating layered strips across it. To break up the solid colors a bit, I added a pair of silver brads to one of the strips.

The set’s “shining star” sentiment is stamped in navy ink on a white panel, then adhered to a pinking edged circle mat. I set the sentiment over the patterned paper panel, then added a die cut silver star to the top of the panel as an accent.

Materials Used:
Shining Star stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko); Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, and Whisper White cardstock, large star punch (Stampin' Up!); silver paper, silver brads (Michaels); Rocket Age 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips