Friday, March 1, 2013

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

This week's blogger challenge theme is "alter it."  I altered a plain white picture frame I picked up a while ago in Target's dollar spot and turned it in to a piece of decorative framed artwork using stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps.

I used the Clouds Combo dies to cut a pair of clouds from white felt.  I adhered them to a light blue panel, then added a button threaded with some yellow satin ribbon as a sun.  The "you are my sunshine on a cloudy day" sentiment from the Cloudy Days sentiment set is stamped in the open space on the panel in teal ink.  I layered the panel on coordinating teal cardstock, then machine stitched around the edges for a nice, finished look.

The frame is dressed up with some strips of teal washi tape.  The tape was easy to apply to the frame since the adhesive is forgiving.  I was able to move and adjust the tape until it was relatively straight and even. When you're straight line challenged like me, this is very important!  The blue stripes help to add some interest to the otherwise plain frame.

Materials Used: 
Cloudy Days Sentiments stamp set, Party Teal Dawn ink, Party Teal Dawn and My Style Blueprint cardstock, Clouds Combo dies, Say Yellow to All Your Fans satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); white felt (Pollika); Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); teal decorative tape (Target); sewing machine; picture frame

1 comment:

  1. How cute Lori! Great way to dress of that Dollar Spot Frame!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips