Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thanks a Bunch





I needed to get a thank you card out in the mail, so I used this week's sketch from CAS(e) this sketch to put this one together.  It's relatively flat, so hopefully it will make it through the mail intact!

The geometric pattern image and the sentiment are both from Avery Elle's All Squared Up set.  I stamped them in green ink on a white panel.  I found some patterned paper from a card kit club to use for the cardfront.  Its circle pattern was a nice contrast to the hard edges of the geometric pattern on the sentiment panel.  I broke up the pattern with a gray fishtail flag strip and a coordinating celery green panel, arranged to intersect beneath the sentiment panel.  I'm really liking gray lately, especially with greens and yellows! 

The design was looking kind of plain, so I went ahead and added a line of white pearls to the celery panel and a trio of sequins around the sentiment.  I'm not sure if it's against the "rules" to mix pearls and sequins on a card, but I think it looks okay.

Materials Used:
All Squared Up stamp set (Avery Elle); Memento Pear Tart ink (Tsukineko); Certainly Celery, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fishtail Flag Layers Stax die (My Favorite Things); white pearls (Mark Richards); sequins (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Love how you created that big chevron out of squares!(and the mod dp). I'm also loving grey these days - especially now that I found my favourite ink and cardstock! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally diggin' the lime green and grey and I love how you created that chevron! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Thank You card. I love the color combo and the added pearl and sequin details. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips