Thursday, April 25, 2013

Celebrate Today and Always

Here’s my card for this month’s Avery Elle AEI♥U challenge. I'll admit that it’s a pretty loose interpretation of the bright, multicolored lanterns seen in the inspiration photo. I did start off by attempting to use the free lantern digi image, but I had big issues with the ink on the printed images smearing when I tried to color them, so I moved on to plan B, which is this design.

I stamped the open hexagon border image from the All Squared Up set several times on a white panel in black ink, then randomly filled in some of the openings with the set’s solid hexagon image using several different bright colors of Memento inks. To get a nice contrast, I used dimensional dots to adhere black panels edged with bright pink strips above and below the stamped panel. The “celebrate today and every day” sentiment from the Celebrate set is stamped underneath the stamped panel in shiny silver ink.  For a bit more sparkle, I added a trio of silver sequins around the sentiment.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle All Squared Up and Celebrate stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Pear Tart, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, and Rose Bud inks, spotlight silver sequins, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

Other: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko)

1 comment:

  1. Lori- I love the bold and graphic look of this card! Your color choices are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips