Friday, April 19, 2013

Doodle Garden Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used one of the newer Doodle Garden sets for this girly birthday card.

I colored the girl with Copic markers, using shades of pink for her dress to match the dotted patterned paper panel I used to cover most of the cardfront. The gift in her hands is paper pieced to with a coordinating patterned paper to add some interest to the image.

 I adhered the colored image to the cardfront on top of a pink mat, then added a pennant banner strip die cut from rose cardstock at the top of the card. It’s the perfect accent for a birthday card! To add some texture, I wrapped some matching rose colored twine around the top of the pennant, securing it with a small bow.  The set’s “happy birthday” sentiment is stamped in the open space next to the image in black ink.

Materials Used:
Doodle Garden Party Time stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Happy Day 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); pennant banner die (Verve Stamps); pink twine (Hemptique)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips