Monday, April 15, 2013

Getting Ready for Mother's Day

With Mother's Day coming up next month, I thought it was a good time to get started on a few Mother's Day cards for my stash of cards.  I used this week's Viva la Verve sketch for this sweet design.

When I first looked at the sketch, it seemed like a lot of layers.  Once I had everything planned out, it didn't end up feeling like it was that much.  I think keeping everything in the same color family and using just one pattern helped keep it simple.

I found a piece of pink on pink patterned paper in an older Echo Park paper collection to use to cover most of the pale pink card base.  I adhered  a white paper doily over the patterned paper, then added a pale pink notch-ended strip that runs almost the the length of the card over the left side of the doily.  To break up the pink a bit, I edged the notch-ended strip with a white scalloped strip.  A piece of white seam binding extends the length of the card.  I added a double looped bow (made with my Bow Easy!) to the ribbon for a feminine detail.

The sentiment is from Verve's Because of You set.  It's stamped in a rose colored ink on a white oval.  I layered the oval on a slightly larger pale pink oval, then adhered it to a rose panel with rounded edges.  The sentiment panel is set over the doily to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Because of You stamp set (Verve Stamps); Vivid Tea Rose ink (Clearsnap); Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Little Girl-Danielle Doily designer paper (Echo Park); Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); white paper doily (Wilton); white seam binding; corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips