Friday, April 5, 2013

Grateful Beyond Measure


Here’s my take on this month’s Mama Elephant sketch challenge. I hadn’t used my Hello set yet, so I inked it up for my card, which uses the sketch flipped on its side.

I can always use a thank you card or two, so I decided to start with the “grateful” speech bubble. It’s stamped in red ink with the “beyond measure” part filled in beneath it in gray. I used foam tape to adhere the cutout image to a white panel, then added some red sequins and a wood veneer heart around it as accents.

The panel is topped off with a strip of heart patterned washi tape. I added a narrow strip of red cardstock at the bottom of the heart patterned tape to help visually divide it from the rest of the card. Instead of adding a trio of accents to the tape strip, I layered on more washi tape. This time, I went with a bold red dotted tape. The strip’s torn edge adds some interest without adding bulk. I put the finished panel on an aqua card base to help bring in a bit more of the color from the heart patterned tape.

Materials Used:
Hello stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Lady Bug and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Whisper White and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); wood veneer heart (Studio Calico); red sequins (Michaels); heart patterned tape (Love My Tapes); red dotted tape; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful use of washi for the sketch!! Super pretty sequins too! Thanks for playing along in the Mama Elephant challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips