Sunday, April 28, 2013

Grateful for Your Friendship

There are no local stamp or scrapbook stores near me, so I do a lot (okay, most!) of my craft shopping online.  I've been trying out some kit clubs lately and recently started to subscribe to the Simon Says Stamp monthly card kit.  This card uses a bunch of the goodies from the April kit along with the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.

I used one of the kit's chalkboard finish tags for my sentiment panel.  I wasn't sure how these would take ink, but my WPlus9 white ink stamped beautifully on the tag's surface. There was a little empty space underneath the sentiment, so I ran a strip of the lattice patterned washi tape that came in the kit along the bottom of the tag. The tape is accented with a line of tiny light blue pearls for a feminine detail.

The light blue cardfront is covered with one of the Fancy Pants papers that came in the kit.  To add interest to the solid color, I embossed it with a dot pattern, then lightly sanded some of the dots with a sanding block for a subtly distressed look.  After running a strip of light blue ribbon across the panel, I attached a piece of floral patterned paper to the panel, then added the stamped chalkboard tag on top.  I had a little scrap of the blue ribbon still on my table that was too small to save for another project but too big to trash, so I knotted it and added it to the card along the side of the tag.

Materials Used:
April 2013 Card Kit-Happy Every Day Stamp set, Fancy Pants Park Bench 6x6 papers, chalkboard finish tag, My Mind's Eye black with white lattice washi tape (Simon Says Stamp); white pigment ink (WPlus9); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); light blue self-adhesive pearls (Mark Richards); light blue ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips