Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Together

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I went scrappy on this one, using die cut pieces for the image panel and only stamping the sentiment.

I used the large pair from the Die-namics Boy Meets Girl set for my focal image.  The man and woman are cut from black cardstock and set on a cream panel using foam tape.  The couple's arranged so it looks like they're holding hands--so sweet!  I attached a silver heart brad to the panel between them to go with my love theme.

Most of the card base is covered with a heart patterned paper.  The hearts are slightly different sizes and shapes, which gives it a sweet, whimsical look.  I adhered the image panel to the paper on top of a red strip layered with a piece of cream grosgrain ribbon. The ribbon is accented with a twine-tied red button. I had just enough room in the upper left corner of the card to squeeze in the "happy together" sentiment from the Happy Thoughts set.

Materials Used:
Happy Thoughts stamp set, Die-namics Boy Meets Girl dies (My Favorite Things);Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko);  Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); My Love 6x6 paper pad, silver heart brad, red button, cream grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); white twine (Hemptique); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips