Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Get Butterflies

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I went scrappy on this one, using one of MFT's Die-namics dies to create my focal image panel.

The focal image is a layered butterfly, made from die cut cardstock and vellum.  A few clear crystals form a body for the butterfly--and hide the adhesive I used on the vellum piece, too!   The butterfly is adhered to a pale blue debossed dotted panel using foam tape.  A crystal flourish extending out from underneath the butterfly makes a pretty flight trail and adds some sparkle, too.

For the rest of the card, I used a mix of patterned papers from Bazzill's Vintage Marketplace collection.  I used two larger scale patterns to cover two of the circles on the cardfront and one featuring an eclectic mix of patterns to cover most of the cardfront.  I stamped the butterfly themed love sentiment from the You Make My Day set in gray ink on a pink Fishtail Flag Stax die cut strip and adhered it at the bottom of the card. The card's an unusual mix of patterns for me, but I think I'm happy with how it turned out.

Materials Used:
You Make My Day stamp set, Die-namics Butterflies and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Soft Sky and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); white vellum (The Paper Company); Vintage Marketplace 6x6 papers (Bazzill); crystal flourish and clear crystals (Michaels); foam tape

And, here's my entry for this month's MFT guest designer challenge.  I used one of the Pure Innocence girlies and a combination of coloring and paper piecing on this one.

The girl and her outfit are colored with Copic markers.  To add some pattern to contrast with the yellow of her raincoat, I paper pieced her umbrella with a floral pattern from a Pebbles paper pad.  I'd love a fun patterned umbrella like this one!

The rest of the card is pretty simple.  I used  the same floral paper to cover most of the cardfront.  I broke up the busy floral print with a more subtle dotted one placed in the middle of the panel.  The panel's edges are machine stitched for a nice, finished look.  I added a pair of Fishtail Flag tabs extending out from underneath the left edge of the image panel, then stamped the "miss you" sentiment from the Making a List set on another Fishtail Flag Stax strip and adhered it at the bottom of the card.  I accented the sentiment with a tiny piece of knotted green ribbon I found in my ribbon scrap pile.

Materials Used:
My Umbrella and Making a List stamp sets, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Daffodil Delight cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink);Family Ties 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); silver gel pen (Signo); sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. They're both pretty Lori! Love the bling embellies on the first one, and that second one is just precious...what a great idea using that DP for the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips