Thursday, April 11, 2013

Never Too Old

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I used the party hat die from Lil’ Inker Designs along with some older designer paper to put this one together.

I die cut the party hat from aqua and orange cardstock scraps and assembled it, then adhered it to a round panel with foam tape. The perforated detail around the edges of the hat adds a little interest to the shape while still keeping it masculine. The hat is set on a light aqua panel with a trio of orange notch-ended strips. I arranged the strips so I had enough room left at the bottom of the panel to stamp the birthday sentiment from the You're Invited set. I adhered the image panel to a darker aqua mat, then set it on the plaid patterned paper panel. The panel is set on a dark card base to tie it together with the rest of the matted elements.

Materials Used:
You're Invited stamp set, party hat die (Lil’ Inker Designs); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); Aqua Mist cardstock, double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hip Hooray Boy designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips