Sunday, June 16, 2013

Enjoy the Beauty of the Season

Here's my card for this week's sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I went with an out of season wintery design to change things up a bit.

I used one of Lil' Inker's snowflake dies to die cut a single snowflake from silver cardstock for my focal image.  It's attached to the top of the turquoise panel with foam tape.  A big clear crystal at the center of the flake gives it even more sparkle and shine.  I stamped one of the sentiments from the Winter Greetings stamp set beneath the snowflake in silver ink--it didn't photograph well, but it looks so pretty IRL! 

The blue panel is broken up by a narrow strip of silver cardstock adhered along its left side.  I wrapped the strip with some shiny silver cord to add some texture to the design.  I adhered the finished panel to a light blue card base. I almost went with a dark purple base, but decided to go with the light blue to make it easier to write on the inside of the card.

Materials Used:
Winter Greetings stamp set, Snowflakes dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Turquoise Sea cardstock (Gina K Designs); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); silver cord, clear crystal (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Silver and turquoise are so pretty together! Love your wintery take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips