Thursday, June 27, 2013

For You

Here’s my card for this month’s Avery Elle AEI♥U challenge. I went for an earthy, masculine take on the sketch, using the new Modern Leaves set and shades of green and brown for my design.

I randomly stamped two of the leaf images on a kraft panel using Memento inks, then inked the edges of the panel with a little distress ink. The “thank you” sentiment from the Oh Happy Day set is stamped in the panel’s open space in brown ink. I die cut a tag from kraft cardstock with the larger die from the new Simply Tags die set, then stamped a trio of leaf images on the die cut piece. I used dimensional dots to adhere the tag over the stamped panel, making sure to line up the leaf image that extends off the side of the tag to match the leaf image stamped on the panel.

A few green enamel dots scattered over the panel add a little embellishment and dimension but still keep the design masculine. I edged the panel with a strip of green cardstock, then adhered it to a lime green card base with more dimensional dots.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle Modern Leaves and Oh Happy Day stamp sets, Simply Tags dies, Tsukineko Memento Pear Tart, Pistachio, and Toffee Crunch inks, May Arts ivory faux suede ribbon, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

Other: Limeade Ice and Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye)

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, Lori! The extended leaf look is very cool! So glad that you joined us!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips