Sunday, June 23, 2013

You Light up my Life

Here's my card for this week's sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  It's kind of a loose interpretation, but the trio of  elements are there in the panel at the right edge of the card.

I used one of the light images from the Technique Tuesday Bright Idea set as my focal image. The bulb is colored with Copic markers to get a yellow glow.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I covered the bulb with some glitter from a Wink of Stella pen for a subtle sparkle.  I surrounded the bulb with a pair of solid heart images, stamped in red ink, to finish my trio of elements. 

The image panel is layered on a yellow mat to match the color of the bulb, then set on a gray card base.  The set's "you light up my life" sentiment is stamped beneath the image panel in black ink.

Materials Used:
Bright Idea stamp set (Technique Tuesday); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Fog cardstock (Avery Elle); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel, and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); clear glitter pen (Wink of Stella)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips