Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bunches of Birthday Wishes

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. I was inspired by Tracey’s layout and colors. Instead of using flowers, I went with balloons for a birthday themed card.

The balloons were die cut with a die from Lil’ Inker Designs. I stamped the balloon strings on a white panel, then added the balloons, using foam tape to pop up the purple balloon, just like the popped up purple flower on the Muse card. The “bunches of birthday wishes” sentiment is stamped to the right of the balloon strings. I used gray ink for both the strings and the sentiment for a softer look. A few white sequins are scattered around the balloons and sentiment for a little festive sparkle. I attached the finished panel to a purple card base.

Materials Used:
Balloon Builders stamp set, balloon dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Winter Wisteria cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Jelly Bean Green cardstock (Gina K Designs); sequins; foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Love the clean design and that pop of green (heading over to Gina to order some!) Thanks for playing along with this week's Muse, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori your card is fantastic, i love your balloons and the balloon string is perfect. The popped up purple balloon ties it all together. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us this week at Muse Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea to use balloons on your card! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, I love those balloon dies. I keep seeing Lil' Inker dies used around Blogland and so wish there was a UK store I could purchase them from x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips