Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Home Is Where the Heart Is

Here's my card for the current Deconstructed Sketch.  Instead of stamping, I decided to try to use one of the journaling cards found in one of my 6x6 paper pads for the focal image.

I picked a card from an older Simple Stories paper pad to use.  I trimmed the card and matted it on a kraft panel, then found a coordinating patterned paper from the same paper pad to use for the panel behind the journaling card.  The two cards are layered over a piece of cranberry dotted paper, also  from the same paper pad.  A piece of cream grosgrain ribbon runs across the cardfront, extending beyond the edges of the cranberry panel .  The ribbon's crisp edges are courtesy of an Imaginisce ribbon cutter that trims the ribbon and seals the edges to prevent fraying.  It's a nice tool to have on hand! 

I adhered the finished panel to a kraft card base. A brown twine-tied button that's been sitting on my table for a while, waiting for a home, is attached to the right side of the journaling card where it meets the grosgrain ribbon.  While I said at the start of this post that I didn't do any stamping here, I have to admit that I did use a little ink on the card--all of the panels are inked around the edges with a little distress ink for an aged and worn look.

Materials Used:
Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Cranberry Crisp cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger);  Harvest Lane 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); cream grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori! Perfect to link up with this fortnights Catered Crop Button Up Challenge too!
    http://cateredcrop.com/2013/07/07/button-up-recipe-swap/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips