Friday, July 5, 2013

Hoppy Birthday

Here’s my card for the current sketch at Seize the Birthday. I made a clean and simple birthday card perfect for a little boy using one of the animals from the Taglines: Little Critter Pals stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps.

I stamped the frog image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out. To make a background for the frog, I die cut a pair of circles from coordinating blue papers. I stamped the set’s “hoppy birthday” sentiment on a blue Favor Flags die cut strip and attached that to the layered circles, then used foam tape to put the frog in place over the background panel. I attached the round panel to a piece of green patterned paper and trimmed the right edge of the panel to be flush with the edge of the patterned paper. The finished panel is attached to a coordinating green card base. Simple, but sweet!

Materials Used:
Taglines: Little Critter Pals stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, My Style Blueprint, In the Limelight, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (YG00, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG25), Shapes: Circles and Favor Flags dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Scoot and Bundle of Joy-Boy 6x6 paper pads (Echo Park); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. seriously CUTE! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece would absolutely LOVE this card, as she is "frog collector" - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun and cute!!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips