Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Love You and Sunny Days

Here's my card for the current Deconstructed Sketch.  When I saw the sketch's half circle panel, I immediately thought of a sun, so that's what I with on my card.

I made my sun from a piece of chevron patterned paper layered over a pinking edged circle die cut.  I set the sun over a piece of blue cardstock that I adhered to a piece of hexagon patterned paper.  After running a strip of gold washi tape along the bottom of the sun and blue cardstock strip, I added the sunny days sentiment, stamped in orange ink, on top. I mixed and matched a few different sentiments from the Reverse Confetti I Like You set to put it together.  It covers most of the gold tape, but you can see just a bit of it peeking out from the bottom of the yellow strip.

I die cut a white felt cloud to add over one side of the sun, then scattered a few white sequins around it for a little sparkle.  A yellow notch-ended tab topped with an orange twine tied button at the upper left corner of the card finishes the cheery design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersReverse Confetti I Like You stamp set, Memento Tangelo ink, Simple Stories 24/Seven 6x6 paper pad, Divine Twine orange baker's twine, Pollika white felt, white sequins


other:  Lemon Drop and Orange Fizz cardstock, Orange Fizz button (My Favorite Things); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); gold tape (Darice)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay!! Lt blue & yellow is one of my absolute fave color combos ! Looks so great on this card !! :))
    Super sweet theme & I love that sentiment !
    :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips