Saturday, July 13, 2013

Love U

 Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I went with a love themed design using MFT's Lovey-Dovey Sentiments set.

The big, bold sentiments from the set were a perfect match for the sketch's cutout frame.  I chose the "love u" sentiment and stamped it in MFT's Electric Red ink on a cream panel.  I adhered the stamped sentiment so it was visible through the opening in a pink InstaFrame die cut.  Some twine is wrapped around the bottom of the frame as an accent--and to cover up an accidental teeny, tiny red ink smudge, too.

I used a pair of coordinating patterned papers from the same paper pad for the two panels on the cardfront.  They're divided by a strip of red grosgrain ribbon. The framed image, backed with a contrasting solid red panel, is adhered over the patterned paper panels.  I added a tab made from more red grosgrain ribbon extending out from the edge of the red cardstock panel to finish the design.
 
Materials Used:
Lovey-Dovey Sentiments stamp set, Electric Red ink, Bubblegum cardstock, Die-namics InstaFrame die (My Favorite Things); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lucky in Love 6x paper pad (My Mind's Eye); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); red baker's twine (Divine Twine)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! 3 things... 1. It's so cute!! 2. You made a fab valentines card -- & are now ahead of the game !! ;)) ;))
    3. This color combo is going to POP in the gallery !!
    Well done!! :)) :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips