Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Shine Bright


Here’s my card for this week’s star themed 10 Minute Craft Dash. I combined the star theme with this week’s sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch to come up with this bright design.

I randomly stamped the three different sized star images from Neat and Tangled’s Sparkle and Shine set in shiny silver ink on a dark pink panel. Once the stars were stamped, I added a strip of silver glitter tape along the left side of the card. I stamped the set’s “shine bright” sentiment on a pink panel, first in dark pink ink, then again in silver ink. The result is a slight shadow along the letters. I adhered the stamped sentiment to a contrasting orange panel, then used foam tape to attach it to the card. For even more sparkle and shine, I scattered a few sequins and teeny, tiny clear crystals in among the stamped stars. The finished panel is attached to an orange card base.  Time from start to finish?  8 minutes and 17 seconds.  Not too bad!

Materials Used:
Sparkle and Shine stamp set (Neat and Tangled); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); silver glitter tape (American Crafts); clear crystals (TPC Studio); sequins; foam tape

5 comments:

  1. PRETTY!! I love tangerine and hot pink!!! SO cool & CAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors and that silver rocks! Now I'm singing "Shine bright like a diamond..." though. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, tis is so pretty! I love the sequins mixed in with your stamped stars!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card and great minds! I haven't posted my card for the tangles, sketch and Shine bright yet but you'll see it later today and we are on the same wavelength! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - love the touch of silver. Thanks so much for joining in the with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!!
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips