Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Some Bunny Loves You


Release in review week continues at Clear and Simple Stamps with a look at the Little Critter Pals series. I used stamps and dies from the series to create a decorative wall hanging and a coordinating tag to dress up a gift bag to hold the finished project.


Here’s a look at the wall hanging. I started with a plain white wooden plaque from the craft store. I used Mod Podge to attach a piece of blue dotted paper to the plaque, then added some die cut cardstock grass along the bottom edge. I used dies from the Build-a-Critter Pals Basics and Build-a-Critter Pals 2 sets to make a big bunny for the scene. It’s adhered to the panel with foam tape for dimension. For a little color, I wrapped some pink grosgrain ribbon around the grass strips. I personalized the project with some die cut letters that I attached at the bottom of the grass strips. I used Chloe the cutie puppy’s name here—she’s currently absolutely obsessed with the bunnies running wild around our neighborhood, so it seemed only appropriate.


I found a gift bag that was large enough to hold the finished piece and tucked it inside along with some dotted tissue paper. I used CSS’s Tags 1 die and the scaled down bunny image from the Taglines:  Little Critter Pals stamp set to make a coordinating tag that includes the same design elements as I used on the wall hanging. The bunny’s colored with Copic markers and cut out. It’s adhered to the blue dotted tag with foam tape. I attached some die cut grass strips to the bottom of the tag and added the “some bunny loves you” sentiment at the bottom on a narrow pink Favor Flags die cut piece. The sentiment is accented with more of the same pink ribbon I used to attach the tag to the bag’s handle.

For more inspiration using the Little Critter Pals series, be sure to stop by the CSS blog.

Materials Used:
Taglines: Little Critter Pals stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, I’m a Princess Pink, Leek-ed to the Press, I Steel Got It, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (R20, R21, B0000), Build-a- Critter Pals Basics, Build-a-Critter Pals 2, Grass, Tags 1, Lowercase Alphabet, and Favor Flags dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Small Dots-Light Blue designer paper (Frances Meyer); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Mod Podge; white wooden plaque; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips