Sunday, July 14, 2013

Thanks Sew Much

Here's a super sweet thank you card I put together for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on this Halloween card seen here. I kept the basic layout, but switched out the fancy die cut squares and pinwheels for stamped pinking edged squares topped with paper buttons.

I stamped the pinking edged squares from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Charm Squares set directly on a pink panel using three different color inks.  Each square is layered with a cardstock button stamped in a matching color.  To add some texture and dimension to the paper pieces, I used a long-reach hole punch to make holes in the button holes and threaded them with some thin twine.  The set's "thanks sew much" sentiment is stamped next to the stamped squares.

Instead of using tulle as an accent, I found some pretty white eyelet trim to attach along the bottom of the panel. I topped it with a piece of pink gingham ribbon and added a bow made with my Bow Easy.  The finished panel is set on a green card base.

In other news, I've been doing a little work on my blog this weekend.  I've added a Pin It button to my photos.  It'll appear if you hover your mouse over one of the photos, making it really easy to pin anything you'd like to your boards on Pinterest.  And, I've also started a Facebook page for Inking Aloud.  You can find it here, or in the link on the sidebar in the "Find Me Here" section.

Materials Used:
Charm Squares stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Vivid Wild Lime ink (Clearsnap); Lemon Drop and Bubblegum inks (My Favorite Things); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); white twine (Hemptique); 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); long-reach hole punch; Bow Easy; white eyelet trim

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this card! It's CAS, but has just enough "fancy" to be beautiful! It really is a pretty card. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips