Thursday, July 11, 2013

Viva la Verve Times Two

Before I got too far behind, I spent a little time getting caught up on July's first two Viva la Verve sketches.  Here’s my card for July’s second sketch—it’s the one I made first, so I thought I’d share it first. I used one of Verve’s Plain Janes on this cheery design.

I started out with a panel of cloud patterned paper. I matted the panel on orange cardstock, then adhered it to a turquoise blue card base. For the element in the upper left corner of the panel, I made my own sun embellishment from a pinking edged circle topped with a smaller gingham patterned paper circle. I added the sun to the panel with foam tape and tucked a die cut felt cloud underneath it for texture.

To match the pop of orange from the sun embellishment, I stamped the “hey there, sunshine” sentiment in orange ink on a white panel. It’s set on a fishtail flag ended strip that runs across the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used: 
Sunshine Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Vivid Butterscotch ink (Clearsnap); Turquoise Sea cardstock (Gina K Designs); Orange Fizz cardstock, Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fly A Kite “Genuine” Sky designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); cloud die (Lil’ Inker Designs); circle punch (EK Success); white felt; foam tape

And, here’s my card for July’s first sketch. I made an anniversary card using another one of Verve’s Plain Janes as the focal image.

I stamped the sentiment in red ink on a cream panel. The panel is matted on a gray circle to set it off from the rest of the layers. I used a heart patterned paper directly underneath the strip, then a bold solid red panel underneath that. A subtle gray dotted panel is underneath the red, directly on top of the cardfront. With all of those layers of paper going on, I decided I didn’t need to mat any of the layers other than the sentiment panel. A die cut cork heart with a red twine tied button finishes the design.

Materials Used: 
Happy Anniversary Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Electric Red ink, Steel Grey and Electric Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); Love Me “Hearts” designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); heart die (Lil’ Inker); twine (Hemptique); red button (Michaels); cork (Creative Impressions)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, more yummy turquoise !! Such a beauty with a pop of yellow! Your 2nd card is pretty, too -- I like the sweet little accent heart. :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips