Monday, July 22, 2013

You Rock

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used a bold mix of poppy and orange cardstock along with some silver for this one.

I stamped the old school boom box image from the Rock On set in shimmery silver ink, then cut out the stamped image. It’s adhered to a kraft circle cut with one of MFT’s Pierced Circle Die-namics dies—love these! I’m still trying to work my way through some of my older papers, so I found some chevron patterned paper in my stash to use for the backdrop. I didn’t have any fancy shaped border dies that were quite the right scale for the design, so I ended up replacing the shaped strip with a simple fishtail flag piece. The fishtail flag's clean lines work well with the loud pattern on the designer paper.

I die cut a speech bubble from kraft cardstock using the Say What Die-namics set and stamped the “you rock” sentiment on the die cut piece in orange ink. It’s set directly on the patterned paper panel. I scattered a few orange enamel dots around the panel as accents. I thought about adding a few metallic sequins to go with the shiny boom box, but in the end, decided to leave them off.

Materials Used:
Rock On stamp set, Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle, Fishtail Flag Stax, and Say What dies (My Favorite Things); Encore Silver and Versafine Habanero inks (Tsukineko); Poppy Parade and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Alphabet Soup Boy “Ziggy” designer paper, enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips