Thursday, August 1, 2013

Anything Is Possible

The Cat’s Pajamas is one of the generous sponsors of this week’s SCS Dare to Get Dirty challenges. One of today’s challenges is hosted by Cat Pack member Julie, so I’m playing along using one of TCP’s big eared bunnies.

I have to admit that I’ve got something of a love-hate relationship going on right now with bunnies. I think they’re absolutely adorable in stamped form, but the real, live one that is insisting on making its home between my air conditioning unit and my house is driving me—and Chloe the cutie puppy—crazy! The bunny won’t get the hint that my backyard is not a welcoming place for it to take up residence. Chloe is nothing short of obsessed with the bunny. She sits at the door for hours, staring out in hopes of catching a glimpse of it. She’s even moved her dog bed so she can lie in the bed while keeping watch. I’ve now resorted to checking the yard before I let Chloe go outside so that I can be sure the yard is bunny-free before she is on the loose and in hot pursuit of it in all of her half golden retriever glory. It’s apparently not scared of me anymore since it doesn’t respond when I yell at it or shake things around it in an effort to make it move. I wish it would realize I was trying to save its life . . .

Anyway, bunnies in stamped form are much more predictable and easier to deal with! Here, I used the rocket ship flying bunny from the Soar set for my focal image. The image is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used foam tape to adhere it to a navy panel with a shiny gold star stamped background and a section of a circle at the bottom that serves as a moon (or a planet or something space-y).

The panel is adhered to a chevron embossed navy panel on top of a red tilted mat. I stamped the set’s “anything is possible” sentiment at on a strip of red cardstock and added that to the bottom of the embossed panel. The finished panel is set on a contrasting red card base.

Materials Used:
Soar stamp set, Neenah white cardstock (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, and Encore Gold inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Electric Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); circle die (Spellbinders); Charles embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips