Saturday, August 10, 2013

For the Record

Here’s my card for this month’s Sketch for You to Try. I inked up Reverse Confetti’s new to me Inner Rock Star set for my card.

I used the set’s guitar and wings images for my focal image panel. They’re stamped in silver ink for a metallic look and shine. They look great IRL, but unfortunately, they don't show up too well in the photo . . .  The guitar’s adhered to the gray dotted panel with dimensional dots. I added a few silver sequins around it for even more shine.

The image panel is adhered at an angle over a piece of teal chevron patterned paper. I stamped the set’s “for the record, you rock” sentiment on a strip of light blue faux suede ribbon in gray ink, then adhered the stamped ribbon piece across the cardfront, over the bottom of the image panel. The ribbon's soft texture is a nice contrast to the card's metallic elements.  It's accented with a blue button tied with a piece of shimmery twine.

Don’t forget about the big paper sale going on right now at i {heart} papers. You can get some fabulous paper pads for $4 or less while supplies last.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Reverse Confetti Inner Rock Star stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel ink, Pebbles Cardmaking Basics 1 paper pad, May Arts light blue faux suede ribbon, silver sequins, Maya Road Sparkle Silver twine cording, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

Other: Bermuda Bay,Going Gray, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); Blu Raspberry button (My Favorite Things)

2 comments:

  1. Love the color & love the card !!!
    Super cute !!!
    :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! this is super sweet! love those colors and the chevrons with the guitar!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips