Sunday, August 4, 2013

Have a Blast

I got my days confused last week and didn't get a chance to play along in the Waltzingmouse Stamps Pajama Party, so I made sure to make time to put together a card for the party's Bedtime Story sketch.  My sketch kind of stretches the elements a bit, but I think it still works!

I used the rocket ship from the Half Pint Heroes stamp set as my focal image.  The rocket's colored with Copic markers and cut out.  To give the rocket some dimension, I dotted it with some Liquid Pearls and added a clear dome sticker over the porthole.  I used foam tape to attach the ship to a piece of blue designer paper.  For the other two elements, I used a circle, representing a moon or some other celestial body, and a small gold star brad.

The set's "have a blast on your big day" sentiment is stamped in navy ink on the diagonal white section on the cardfront.  To set the sentiment panel off from the rest of the cardfront, I edged it with narrow strips of gold paper.  The finished panel is set on a contrasting red card base.

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Goods-Window Display designer paper (Pebbles); circle punch (EK Success); clear dome sticker (Hobby Lobby); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); star brad (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. It absolutely still works, it's perfect Lori!!! Thank you so much for playing along with our sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips