Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tastefully Inspired


For our August group project, the designers at Clear and Simple Stamps are sharing projects inspired by favorite foods. My project is inspired by a favorite summertime drink—cool and refreshing lemonade! I made a card and a coordinating gift tag for the challenge.


Here’s a look at the card. I used the large glass image from the By the Glass set as my focal image. It’s stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers I cut out the colored image and wrapped a piece of vellum around it before adhering the image to the dotted paper panel. The vellum gives the glass a frosted, dimensional appearance. I stamped the “when life gives you lemons make lemonade” sentiment from the Perfect Harvest Fillers stamp set in black ink on a green piece die cut with the widest Favor Flags die. I layered the piece over a longer and narrower yellow Favor Flags strip and set the pair at the top left corner of the patterned paper panel. The panel is layered on a yellow cardstock mat, then adhered to a green card base.


And, here’s a closer look at the tag. I used a green tag cut with the Tags 1 die. I wanted my tag to be a little shorter, so I trimmed off a bit of the tag, then used a corner rounder on the bottom corners. For the tag, I used the scaled down version of the same glass image I used on the card from the Taglines: By the Glass set. Once again, I colored the image and cut it out, then added a vellum wrap to it before attaching it to the tag. I stamped the “easy, peasy, lemon squeezy” sentiment from the Perfect Harvest Fillers set on a yellow Favor Flags die cut strip and added that to the tag beneath the glass image. The tag’s attached to a lemonade mix filled mason jar filled with some green baker’s twine. I dressed up the jar by putting a yellow cupcake liner on top of the jar before closing it with a decorative lid.

For more food inspired projects, be sure to check out what the rest of the participating designers have created for the challenge. Here’s where to find them:

Audrey Tokach 
Lori Tecler –you’re here!
CSS blog

Materials Used:
By the Glass, Taglines: By the Glass and Perfect Harvest Fillers stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, In the Limelight, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, YG25), Tags 1 and Favor Flags dies, Divine Twine green baker’s twine (Clear and Simple Stamps); white vellum (Stampin' Up!); Beautiful Life 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park)

3 comments:

  1. Those are both awesome !!! :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Just saw that you joined the dirty dozen!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!! :)) :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so clever! Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips