Friday, September 27, 2013

Craftization with Clear and Simple Stamps


Collection 8 Release in Review week continues today at Clear and Simple Stamps with another look at the products in the Craftization series. Earlier in the month, I shared a few ways to use the Stationery Filer dies (here and here), so I thought I’d share how I’m using the Stationery Organizer dies. I finally finished putting together my rolodex of CSS cardstock colors and today, I’m going to show you how I’ve been using it.


I used the rolodex card dies from the Stationery Organizer die set to cut out a card for each of the different colors of CSS cardstock. Once I’d finished die cutting, I stamped the name of each color on the tab at the top of the cards using the File It: CSS Color stamp set, then arranged the cards in the rolodex base. It’s great having all of the colors in one place to reference quickly when I’m working on a project. I’ve been using the file cards to match cardstock colors to the colors in patterned papers. Here, I used the cards to match the colors in a piece of patterned paper from Echo Park’s Paper and Glue collection.


Once I’d matched the colors, I put together a simple thank you card using this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches and stamps from the Collection 8 Rag Doll series. You can see the patterned paper block at the top of the card. It’s matted on a piece of My Style Blueprint cardstock, then adhered to a Golden Tiara panel. I stamped the “thanks” sentiment from the Rag Doll: Teacher Notes stamp set on a Rouge Ruffles strip and matted it on My Style Blueprint cardstock before adhering it beneath the patterned paper panel. I stamped the pencil from the Rag Doll House: School set and colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out and used foam tape to add it on top of the card. The finished panel is adhered to a kraft card base.

To go with the card, I made a sweet treat. It’s a candy pencil made by filling one of CSS’s clear treat bags with Skittles. I started with yellow ones, then switched to a few pink ones just before the bag was filled. After sealing the bag, I wrapped a band of silver washi tape around the bag just where the candies transition from yellow (pencil) to pink (eraser). Super sweet—and super easy, too!

For more Craftization inspiration, check out the rest of the CSS designers sharing projects today. Here’s where to find them:

Lori Tecler—you’re here!
Stephany Zerbe
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Rag Doll House: School, Rag Doll: Teacher Notes, and File It: CSS Color stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Rouge Ruffles, My Style Blueprint, Golden Tiara, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (Y21, Y23, Y26, YR30, E51, R20, R21, R22, N1, N3, N4), Stationery Organizer dies, clear treat bag (Clear and Simple Stamps); Paper and Glue 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Shut up! Candy pencil?! Too cute. Putting yellow candies on my grocery list now! Great use of the File It Collection. That card is stinkin' cute too, girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips