Thursday, September 26, 2013

Oh Happy Day

Here’s my card for this month’s Avery Elle AEI♥U challenge. I was inspired by the photo’s blue background with bold pops of color and incorporated those elements into my design.

I started off by using several different distress inks to make a background panel on white cardstock. After I was happy with the look, I stamped the bicycle image from the Roll with It set and the “oh happy day” sentiment from the Oh Happy Day set on the panel and heat embossed them with black embossing powder for a bold contrast.

To bring in some more color, I stamped the balloon image twice at the back of the bike. I stamped the balloon image twice on white cardstock and colored the balloons with Spectrum Noir markers. After cutting out the balloons, I used dimensional dots to attach them to the panel. I added a trio of fishtail flag strips to the top right side of the card to balance the design, then adhered the finished panel to a red card base.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle Roll with It and Oh Happy Day stamp sets, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Spectrum Noir markers (CT1, CT2, CT4, CR1, CR6, CR8, CR9), Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

Other: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight cardstock, black detail embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Salty Ocean distress inks (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips