Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sending a Bushel of Thanks

Here’s my card for the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. I took my cues from the pretty sunflowers in the photo as well as the colors to create this card using the current Mojo Monday sketch.

I used stamps from WPlus9’s Happy Harvest set along with the matching Happy Harvest dies for the focal image panel. The wheelbarrow and parts of the sunflower image were stamped with Memento Luxe inks—these are quickly becoming my favorites for solid images.  As of now, I have just a few colors in my collection, but I'm definitely going to be adding more soon!  I used dimensional dots to adhere the wheelbarrow to the white panel. Once it was in place, I stamped the “sending a bushel of thanks” sentiment next to it in Pistachio ink.

The image panel is adhered to a kraft panel over a strip of golden yellow patterned paper.  Before adding the image, I knotted a piece of green striped twill around the panel, positioning the knot so it would sit next to the image panel An olive green half circle is tucked underneath the top of the image panel, bringing in just a bit more of the green color that really stands out against the neutral brown in the inspiration photo.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Happy Harvest stamps and dies, Tsukineko Memento Cantaloupe ink and Memento Luxe Gray Flannel, Pistachio, and Rich Cocoa inks, Carta Bella Traditions 6x6 paper pad, May Arts celery green striped twill, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Old Olive and More Mustard cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle punch (EK Success)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card, dearie!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely, Lori! thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Lori. Love the little wagon with the sunflowers. That ribbon is the perfect embellishment. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips