Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall to Spring

Over the weekend, I put together cards for the first two Viva la Verve sketches for October.  One's got a fall look and feel, while the other's definitely more spring-like.

Here’s my card for week 1’s sketch. I went for a seasonal design, combining images from Verve’s Bountiful Harvest with a sentiment from the Hello Pumpkin set.

I used a pair of pumpkins, colored with Copic markers, for the image panel. The larger one’s stamped directly on the panel and the smaller one is adhered to the panel with foam tape for some dimension.

I covered most of the kraft cardfront with a piece of orange houndstooth patterned paper. Something about that pattern says “fall” to me! I set an olive green fishtail flag strip at the center of the houndstooth panel, then topped it with an orange cardstock strip. The finished image panel is adhered on top of the panels. Instead of trying to squeeze the sentiment in on the image panel or on one of the other panels, I stamped it on a scrap of kraft cardstock and cut a notch from the end, then adhered the sentiment strip to the right side of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Bountiful Harvest and Hello Pumpkin stamp sets (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lush 2 orange houndstooth designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); foam tape

And,  here's my card for week 2's sketch.  I used the brand new Rain or Shine set along with some  patterned paper that incorporates some of the colors from the week's inspiration photo for this cheery card.

I stamped the set's friendship sentiment on a white oval and layered it on a red mat.  The sentiment panel is adhered over a piece of umbrella patterned paper along with a sun made from a pinking edged circle and some dotted patterned paper and a fluffy white felt cloud.

A blue die cut pennant trim border strip runs across the bottom of the card.  I topped the pennant strip with a piece of coordinating gingham patterned paper and a narrow strip of red cardstock.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set, Pennant Trim die (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Poppy Parade and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Quite Contrary-Jack and Jill 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); oval and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); stitched cloud die (Lil' Inker Designs); white felt (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. These are both too cute!! I really like the harvest pumpkins ~~ So perfect for this time of year!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips