Friday, October 11, 2013

Miss You

This week’s blogger challenge theme is fall leaves. I hadn’t had a chance to use my new Lawn Fawn stitched leaves dies yet, so I pulled them out for the challenge. My card's layout is based on a sketch from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.

My plan was to make my leaves from a piece of paper that I made with the polished stone technique. Unfortunately, my gold reinker hasn’t been used in so long that it was super separated. No amount of shaking and rolling could get the ink remixed. So, my polished stone piece ended up just being a bunch of different reinkers blended with rubbing alcohol on a sheet of glossy cardstock. Not as pretty, but it still worked out well enough for me to use (or at least I think so).

I die cut a trio of leaves from my custom made paper using the dies. They’re arranged around a round panel with the same stitching detail. The round panel is adhered to a piece of woodgrain patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment from the So Much to Say set in Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink on the open space in the round panel.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn So Much to Say stamp set, Into the Woods 6x6 paper pad, and Stitched Leaves dies, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: More Mustard, Very Vanilla, and Glossy White cardstock, Really Rust, so Saffron, and Pumpkin Pie reinkers (Stampin’ Up!); stitched circle die (Lil’ Inker Designs); circle die (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love the falling leaves! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those die cut leaves! Great sketch, and fall colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips