Friday, November 15, 2013

I'm Aiming for Your Heart

Here's a love themed card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used two different stamp sets from My Favorite Things to put this bold design together.

I'm Aiming for Your Heart-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsI started out by stamping the chevron strip from the Border It-Mod Borders set three times on a light gray panel in red pigment ink.  I stamped the heart shaped target image from the Right on Target set in shiny silver ink on a scrap of the same gray cardstock and cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere it to the end of the chevron strip at the bottom of the card.  The "I'm aiming for your heart" sentiment is stamped just underneath the chevron strip in black ink.  I layered the stamped panel on a red card base.

The red sequin at the center of the heart was a last-minute add-on.  I think it adds a fun element to the design.

Materials Used:
Border It-Mod Borders and Right on Target stamp sets, Electric Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Love Letter and Versafine Onxy Black inks (Tsukineko); Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); red sequin (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips