Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Snowy Season's Greetings

Here’s my card for November’s second Viva la Verve sketch. I used Verve’s new Holiday Treats set for a holiday card in a non-traditional color scheme.

Snowy Season's Greetings-Designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
My color scheme came from the pretty plaid patterned paper I used for the large fishtail flag panel on the cardfront. I layered the die cut plaid strip on a pink mat and adhered it to a piece of blue paper with a subtle snowflake pattern along the top. Once the fishtail flag strip was in place, I wrapped the panel with some light blue satin ribbon from my scrap pile along the left side of the strip. On the opposite side, I tucked a strip of blue pennants cut with Verve’s Pennant Trim die.

I topped the plaid panel with a round panel stamped with a trio of snowflakes from the Holiday Treats set. Each snowflake is dotted in the center with a clear crystal for some sparkle. The set’s “season’s greetings” sentiment is stamped in navy ink on a light blue fishtail flag strip and adhered to the cardfront so it extends out from underneath the snowflake stamped panel. I had just enough ribbon left to make a pretty bow to add at the top of the snowflake panel.

Materials Used:
Holiday Treats stamp set, Pennant Trim die (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Angel Pink and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko); Marina Mist Classic ink, Brocade Blue, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Holiday Collection-The Winter Matstack (DCWV); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax Layers dies (My Favorite Things); clear crystals (Michaels); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips