Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunshine and Rainbows

Here's a scrappy (really scrappy!) design for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on this rainbow themed design.

Designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
My version also includes a rainbow-like array of patterned cardstock scraps.  I dug through a basket of patterned paper scraps to find these, mixing and matching different ones until I came up with this combination.  I think these papers include ones from My Mind's Eye, Jillibean Soup, and other manufacturers--since they were scraps, I'm not quite sure!  The patterned papers are separated from the rest of the cardfront by a narrow strip of black cardstock.  I matted the panel on a piece of black cardstock for a nice pop against the white card base.

For my sentiment I stamped "hope our day is all sunshine and rainbows" from the Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments set from Lil' Inker Designs on an oval die cut.  I matted the oval on a black scalloped oval die cut and adhered it to the cardfront.  To go with the sentiment and add a whimsical touch, I used foam tape to attach a die cut sun and cloud at the top of the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments stamp set, stitched sun and cloud dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); petite oval and scalloped petite oval dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips