Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanks a Latte

I ordered a few things from Verve’s latest release late last week and they just arrived on my doorstep today, right as I was coming back from a chilly early evening walk with Chloe the cutie puppy. I couldn’t wait to put them to use, so I whipped up this design for November’s first Viva la Verve sketch.

I used the new Holiday Treats set and matching Cup of Cheer dies on my card. To go with the warm, cozy feel from the beverage image, I picked a piece of plaid patterned paper to cover most of my light blue card base. I had just a little textured olive cardstock in my stash, not enough for a featured role in a project, but just enough for the strip across the cardfront here. It’s mostly covered by the light blue panel that I stamped with the "thanks a latte" sentiment. I used navy pigment ink for a nice, dark impression.

I die cut the to go cup image and stamped the matching image on the die cut in the same navy blue ink as I used for the sentiment. It’s added to the sentiment panel with some foam tape. For a fun touch, I added a crystal flourish at the top of the cup as steam coming from the hot beverage.  I finished the card off with a pair of blue on blue layered fishtail flag banners that run from the top of the card to the top of the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Holiday Treats stamp set, Cup of Cheer dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko); Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, and Old Olive textured cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Loyal 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips