Friday, November 8, 2013

Warm Winter Woodland Wishes

Clear and Simple Stamps has titled the new Collection 9 release their “Make it Pretty Holiday Collection” and that’s certainly an accurate description! My card today features another new stamp set and a new die available as part of the collection.

Warm Winter Woodland Wishes-Designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
The card is based on the current sketch from Retro Sketches. It also fits this week’s wildlife theme challenge at The Paper Players. The focal image is framed inside one of the new Polaroid Frame dies. The frames come in two sizes—I used the larger one here, but the cute smaller one will definitely see a lot of use, too! I cut the frame from My Style Blueprint cardstock and layered it over a piece of patterned paper containing a winter woodland scene stamped with the new Party Elements: Winter Woodlands set. The snowbanks at the bottom of the scene are made from torn strips of shimmery white cardstock—the cardstock’s subtle shimmer gives it a nice, snow-like look.

Once the frame was in place, I added a twine tied blue button to the right side. I debated adding one of the pretty snowflakes from the Flurries Combo stamp and die set (I used them on this card) instead, but in the end, stuck with the button.  I adhered a piece of a clear crystal flourish extending out from underneath the button. The set’s “warm winter wishes” sentiment is stamped in brown ink along the edge of the frame, just beneath the button. After rounding the panel’s corners, I adhered it to a teal card base.

Materials Used:
Party Elements: Winter Woodlands stamp set, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green and Dish All the Dirt Brown inks, Party Teal Dawn and My Style Blueprint cardstock, Polaroid Frame die, Designer Mix button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa marker (Tsukineko); Cryogen White cardstock (Curious Metallic); Life of the Party "Be You" Bloom designer paper (My Mind's Eye); white twine (Hemptique); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips