Saturday, November 30, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Here's my entry for this month's AEI♥U challenge.  I created a cheery, clean and simple design with a mix of stamps and dies.

You Are my Sunshine-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery ElleI used a pair of die cut circles--one with a pinking edge and one with a dotted pattern--to create a sun shape.  I adhered the sun to a blue panel, then topped it with a fluffy white die cut felt cloud.   I die cut the word "you" from yellow cardstock using Avery Elle's Word Fill in the Blank dies and adhered the cutout letters to the cloud.  A few white sequins around the sun and cloud add a little fun sparkle.

The "are my sunshine" sentiment comes from the coordinating Fill in the Blank stamp set.  It's stamped in teal ink just beneath the image cluster.  The finished panel is matted on orange cardstock, then adhered to a light blue card base.

Don't forget about the big Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale still going on at i {heart} papers--my favorite place to get Avery Elle stamps and dies!  Use the code Black20DT13 through Monday to get 20% off of your order of $50 or more.  Orders will begin shipping on Tuesday, December 3.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Avery Elle Fill in the Blank stamp set and Word Fill in the Blank dies, Tsukineko Memento Teal Zeal ink, Echo Park Dots 6x6 paper pad, white sequins

other:  Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); cloud die (Lil' Inker Designs); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips