Tuesday, November 26, 2013

You Make Me Smile with my Heart

Here’s my card for the Bedtime Story sketch from last week’s Waltzingmouse Stamps November Pajama Party. I took a break from winter holiday projects and created this sweet love themed design based on the sketch.

You Make Me Smile with my Heart-designed by Lori Tecler-stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps
I started off by machine stitching around the edges of a chevron patterned paper panel. The panel is adhered to a red mat, then wrapped with a strip of wide red grosgrain ribbon. I stamped the “you make me smile with my heart” sentiment from the Compact Sentiments-Part Two set in red ink on a pierced circle die and added that on top of the ribbon.

Instead of using circles for the pair of elements at the top of the sentiment panel, I used woodgrain hearts stamped with the two different sized heart images from the My Heart set. They’re stamped in brown pigment ink on kraft cardstock to get a wood-toned look. Once they were in place, I added a trio of red sequins around the hearts and sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Compact Sentiments-Part Two and My Heart stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko); Real Red and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Love Note 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); Die-namics pierced circle die (My Favorite Things); red grosgrain ribbon (Dollar Tree); red sequins (Michaels); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips