Sunday, December 8, 2013

Best Teacher Ever

Best Teacher Ever-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Verve Stamps
I’m taking a break from holiday themed designs with my card for the first Viva la Verve sketch for December. I created a teacher themed card using the sketch instead using Verve’s Teachers Count set.

I made my own patterned paper for one of the panels using the set’s number block image. I stamped the image repeatedly on a piece of gray cardstock using white ink, then heat embossed the stamped images for a chalkboard style look.  I might have gone a little overboard adding on some extra white ink with my fingers after embossing . . .

The number panel is matted on red cardstock and adhered to a kraft panel along with a piece of red patterned paper from a stack of October Afternoon scraps I've had forever, waiting to be used up. I stamped the "best teacher ever" sentiment on a kraft square in red ink and added that on top of the patterned panels.  A die cut and stamped apple image is set  at the corner of the panel with foam tape.  I wrapped a piece of red ribbon around the panel and secured it with a knot.  The ribbon is strategically placed to cover a hole in the patterned paper . . .  The finished panel is adhered to a dark gray card base to add one more chalkboard style element to the design.

Materials Used:
Teachers Count stamp set, apple die (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, Love Letter, and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); designer paper (October Afternoon); red grosgrain ribbon, white embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, Lori - guaranteed to make that 'best teacher' especially happy! Your chalkboard number background is fabulous; a technique I have yet to try. After admiring yours however, I may have to give it a go! Thank you for your sweet comment on my PS cards; day officially brightened!
    c

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips