Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gifting Great Gift Cards

Holiday Gift Card-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps

For holiday gift giving, lots of us turn to gift cards. I’m definitely included in that group, so I’m always looking for good ways to wrap them up and present for giving. Today, I’m sharing how I used some new dies from Clear and Simple Stamps to make great gift card packaging that you can use year round and for any occasion.

I started off with the new A4 Pocket-Fold Envelope die. Since I was giving the gift card for Hanukkah, I die cut the envelope from My Favorite Blue Jeans cardstock--such a pretty shade of blue! Once I figured out which side of the die cut piece was going to be the front (yes, I am challenged that way . . .), I stamped one of the sentiments from the Duly Noted set on the envelope in True Blue Fan ink. It’s easier to do this before assembling the envelope (don’t ask how I learned this . . .). The envelope is assembled with CSS’s super strong Simple Adhesive.

Holiday Gift Card-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps

For the insert, I die cut a pair of white panels using one of the dies from the A4 Notecard set. I used the Gift Card die on one of the panels to make an insert to tuck the gift card into, then stamped the snowflake image from the Cover Prints 1 set beneath the die cut slit. The “a gift for you” sentiment from the Duly Noted set is stamped underneath the line of flakes in True Blue Fan ink. I adhered the second white panel to the back of the stamped panel, then tucked the gift card inside. I picked the snowflake gift card from Target specifically to match my design!

Holiday Gift Card-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps

So that the recipient will know who the gift card is from and how much it is, I die cut a small insert using another die from the Gift Card set. The insert is the same size as a standard gift card, so it’s hard to see once it’s inside the notecard. I stamped the matching outline image from the Gifted set on the insert, then added the text with all the pertinent information, all in True Blue Fan ink.

Holiday Gift Card-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
After I tucked the gift card inside the envelope, I dressed up the envelope’s flap with a silver snowflake die cut with one of the dies from the Flurries Combo set. A blue button tied with a little silver cord adds just a bit more sparkle.

Materials Used: 
Gifted, Cover Prints 1, and Duly Noted stamp sets, True Blue Fan ink, My Favorite Blue Jeans and A Blanc Check cardstock, A4 Pocket-Fold Envelope, A4 Notecard , Gift Card, and Flurries Combo dies, True Blue Fan buttons, silver cord, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips